As a blogger, I feel this unreasonable compulsion to write a New Year’s Resolution blog. A blogger is by nature someone who is self-involved or self-important enough to think that whatever they have to say is of value and/or interest to other people. Such people tend to be particularly prone to making new year’s resolutions. (sorry if I offended anyone there. Of course I don’t mean you!)
But honestly, I hate new year’s resolutions. So instead, here are my top 5 reasons why you won’t get a post about my new year’s resolutions:
- It will get buried among all the other introspective and insightful blogs currently flooding the blogosphere.
- I can’t think of anything original. You know, lose weight, get healthy, cook more, etc. etc.
- I’m feeling lazy, and don’t want to write something insightful. That’s why you’re getting this post instead.
- I’ll just break them tomorrow anyway.
- No one’s going to read it – they’re all recovering from their hangovers!
So that’s it. My top 5 reasons for not imposing a New Year’s Resolution post on you.
Don’t worry. I’ll have something introspective and insightful soon enough. Maybe.
In the meantime, Happy New Year!